Assistance Program

Centenary's Assistance Program is open to any Shelby County resident in need of emergency assistance with rent or utilities once a year (12 month time frame) per family/ household.


Food assistance is available as well.  Food assistance does not count against the once a year assistance. Food assistance is available for pick-up on a biweekly basis per family/household.

Assistance is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Call the church office with any questions (502) 633-4510 or email at

For Financial assistance please bring: 

  • Completed Application (Will get from the church office)

  • Valid Photo ID

  • Proof of income. Last pay stub or award letter

  • For utility assistance please bring your current disconnect notice must be in the name of person asking for assistance.

  • For rental assistance please bring a copy of lease with landlord's information. Person asking for assistance must be listed on the lease. Can not be in eviction status.

Funding is limited, but prayer, counseling and referral to other agencies is always available.


Shelby County Food Pantries

Courtesy of Shelby County Emergency Services

Serenity Center - 98 7th Street; Shelbyville, KY  40065 - 502-647-5555

Every Wednesday 12 pm – 4 pm Shelby County residents only


Operation Care – 802 Washington Street, Shelbyville, KY  40065 – 502-633-1965 ext 205 for food

Mon, Tues, Wed, Friday, Sat 10am – 5 pm Thursday 10 am – 6pm


Bagdad Baptist – 5790 Elmburg Rd, Bagdad, KY  40065 – 502-747-8933

2nd & 4th Saturday 9:15 am – 12pm


Centro Latino – 121 Main Street, Shelbyville, KY  40065 – 502-647-3349

Tues – Fri 9am-2pm, Closed for lunch 12pm-1pm.


Igelesia Aposento Alto – 2093 Midland Trail #2, Shelbyville, KY  40065 – 502-647-0072

1st & 3rd Friday 5pm-8pm


Simpsonville Christian Church – 7002 Shelbyville Rd, Simpsonville, KY  40065 - 502-722-8995

Tues & Thur 11 am-1pm back of church

Centenary United Methodist Church- 429 Main St, Shelbyville, KY 40065 502-633-4510

              Tue & Thur 9am-1pm- Shelby County Residents only